Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Louis Wu

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 1, 2011
Toronto
Is anyone else getting any Core 15 WUs on their nVidia GPUs?

my 660ti was pulling down a steady stream of them the past few days so I shut it off as it's not worth getting only 18K PPD :eek:

ChristianVirtual

macrumors 601
May 10, 2010
日本
It's kind of good to finish off the Core 15 WU and getting all remaining WU done.
If you want you could switch for the slot the client-type to advanced getting WU for Core 17 in public beta testing. Those tend to have higher PPD but still contain a higher risk of failure, too.

Louis Wu

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 1, 2011
Toronto
It's kind of good to finish off the Core 15 WU and getting all remaining WU done.
If you want you could switch for the slot the client-type to advanced getting WU for Core 17 in public beta testing. Those tend to have higher PPD but still contain a higher risk of failure, too.

true enough, although I can't tell whether these are old WUs that are just finishing off a project or whether PG is prioritizing the Core 17 WUs for the AMD cards -- since they really don't do well with pre-Core 17 WUs.

right now, my one nVidia card is getting the Core 15 WUs and they take more resources (they heat up the card more). the other 3 AMD cards are pulling in nothing but Core 17s, so that is good.

both of my GPU rigs are on client type=advanced and prior to the last few days had pulled in all Core 17 WUs.

but I'm curious if anyone else is getting Core 15 WUs on their Titan and 780 cards -- if they are not getting Core 15 WUs then I am thinking that PG is prioritizing the Core 17 WUs for AMD cards and the higher performing nVidia cards... if they ARE getting Core 15s on their Titans and 780s then I'd surmise that PG is prioritizing Core 17 for AMD cards only...

Louis Wu

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 1, 2011
Toronto

Louis Wu

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 1, 2011
Toronto
No, and based on my client setting I wouldn't expect any ;)

yeah, me neither but the "advanced" setting doesn't guarantee Core 17 units, as we know!

----------

that does make me wonder -- with the same client settings, how come you get all Core 17 on your 660ti and I get nothing but Core 15?

lordonuthin

macrumors 6502
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
yeah, me neither but the "advanced" setting doesn't guarantee Core 17 units, as we know!

----------

that does make me wonder -- with the same client settings, how come you get all Core 17 on your 660ti and I get nothing but Core 15?

Core 15's are all I have been getting on my 5 Titans since sometime last week. getting very low ppd on them. :mad: if this keeps up I will shut them down. I hope there is a better reason for this and a solution, soon.

Louis Wu

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 1, 2011
Toronto
Core 15's are all I have been getting on my 5 Titans since sometime last week. getting very low ppd on them. :mad: if this keeps up I will shut them down. I hope there is a better reason for this and a solution, soon.

yeah, I'm in total agreement with you there; save your power for when the QRB WUs come back. I've taken my nVidia offline till then.

rwh202

macrumors regular
Nov 14, 2010
UK

----------

Maybe he doesn't have the same client settings. I'm still getting Core 17 too.

There are more options other than 'advanced';)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.