Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Anonimous2023

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 16, 2023
I had a mac mid2017 some years ago that i bought from an old service building with two corious apps one called "core" and another one called "MacFinder"

Both where designed by apple but i dont have luck finding them becase that mac HDD is dead so i want to know where i get thise apps again

Never worked on my imac but there where interesting and something unique so i want to find it again

JustAnExpat

macrumors 6502a
Nov 27, 2019
That's going to be a hard question :(

1. What did these apps do?
2. What was the version of MacOS that had these apps?
3. Who made those apps? "Core" and "MacFinder" aren't made by Apple, to my knowledge.

Pointillism

macrumors member
Dec 4, 2007
The Real Bay Area, CA
Apple used to have a developer tool called "Core Image Fun House" which, I believe, was discontinued years ago. Perhaps that might be what the "Core" app you've mentioned is.

Anonimous2023

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 16, 2023
I had a mac mid2017 some years ago that i bought from an old service building with two corious apps one called "core" and another one called "MacFinder"

Both where designed by apple but i dont have luck finding them becase that mac HDD is dead so i want to know where i get thise apps again

Never worked on my imac but there where interesting and something unique so i want to find it again
That's going to be a hard question :(

1. What did these apps do?
2. What was the version of MacOS that had these apps?
3. Who made those apps? "Core" and "MacFinder" aren't made by Apple, to my knowledge.
1- honestly i never logged into core it asked for an apple connect account
2-Ventura
3-i swear that it says in about core "made by apple 2019"

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.