Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LaserJCH

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 29, 2024
Hi all, I'm new to MacRumors and hope to find some help here.
I am retired from the commercial printing field (pre-press) and imaging with a laser engraver now (hobby), instead of my process camera and darkrooms. And working on an older Mac mini with OS 10.13.6.
Looking to somehow purchase, legitimately, the CorelDraw Graphics Suite 2019 version that will work on this OS.
Any help with my search is appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: StoneJack

wonderings

macrumors 6502a
Nov 19, 2021
Hi all, I'm new to MacRumors and hope to find some help here.
I am retired from the commercial printing field (pre-press) and imaging with a laser engraver now (hobby), instead of my process camera and darkrooms. And working on an older Mac mini with OS 10.13.6.
Looking to somehow purchase, legitimately, the CorelDraw Graphics Suite 2019 version that will work on this OS.
Any help with my search is appreciated.
Thank you and God Bless all.
John H
Can't help you with finding an older version of Corel. If you are not stuck on Corel you could check out Serif's Affinity Suite. They are replacements for Indesign (Affinity Publisher), Illustrator (Affinity Designer) and Photoshop (Affinity Photo). Great software for the price and their latest versions work with 10.13 and is also on sale. I don't work for the company, just played with the software when I was looking for alternatives to the Adobe suite. I did not switch from Adobe, but I do use this as backup sometimes if I get a wonky file, Affinity seems to handle files made by the more obscure applications better then Adobe.

LaserJCH

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 29, 2024
Can't help you with finding an older version of Corel. If you are not stuck on Corel you could check out Serif's Affinity Suite. They are replacements for Indesign (Affinity Publisher), Illustrator (Affinity Designer) and Photoshop (Affinity Photo). Great software for the price and their latest versions work with 10.13 and is also on sale. I don't work for the company, just played with the software when I was looking for alternatives to the Adobe suite. I did not switch from Adobe, but I do use this as backup sometimes if I get a wonky file, Affinity seems to handle files made by the more obscure applications better then Adobe.

I purchased and downloaded the Affinity Designer and Photo software thinking it would work on Mac OS 10.13.6. But when I tried to launch it, I got the message that it would 'NOT' work on this OS. The oldest Mac OS that it will work on is OS 10.15. I will receive a refund from Affinity.
John H

Attachments

• Affinity OS.png
    Affinity OS.png
    23.4 KB · Views: 12

wonderings

macrumors 6502a
Nov 19, 2021
Sorry, I read that you had 10.15 which would be supported. With the way software has moved to online purchases and away from physical media, I wonder if you will be able to buy an older version of Corel for Mac. I would almost think there might be better chances finding an Adobe CS6 CD installer. I can't remember if the CS6 apps still worked in High Sierra or not, I did some testing some years ago out of curiosity but did not delve deep into it as I use Adobe CC.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-04-02 at 3.20.23 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-02 at 3.20.23 PM.png
    324.2 KB · Views: 15

Herbert123

macrumors regular
Mar 19, 2009
Alternatively consider PhotoLine. It runs on 10.13 and newer.

Vector output for laser engraving will work, and also full CMYK support. Inexpensive, and the trial shareware version (with full functionality for 30 days for testing) can be downloaded from pl32.com.

Also exports DXF.

LaserJCH

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 29, 2024
Alternatively consider PhotoLine. It runs on 10.13 and newer.

Vector output for laser engraving will work, and also full CMYK support. Inexpensive, and the trial shareware version (with full functionality for 30 days for testing) can be downloaded from pl32.com.

Also exports DXF.
Thank you, Herbert123. I will look into this PhotoLine and maybe it will work for what I need. I will continue to search for the CorelDraw Graphics Suite 2019 for Mac as I like having both vector and raster tools in one software.
Thanks again.
God Bless all.
LaserJCH

Herbert123

macrumors regular
Mar 19, 2009
Thank you, Herbert123. I will look into this PhotoLine and maybe it will work for what I need. I will continue to search for the CorelDraw Graphics Suite 2019 for Mac as I like having both vector and raster tools in one software.
Thanks again.
God Bless all.
LaserJCH
That's exactly why I suggested PhotoLine: it combines both vector and raster tools in one package.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.