Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Morac

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 30, 2009
Since upgrading from iOS 12.4.1 to 13.1, I've randomly had issues where all network (WiFi and cellular) activity stops and any app that tries to use network data simply hangs. I've tried Resetting Network Settings and Resetting Settings and both hang without completing.

I did a backup, restore and restore from backup. I then tried to Resetting Network Settings and it hung again about halfway through. I also just tried a plain Reset Settings and that nearly completed but also hung.

I wiped the phone and set it up as new, signed into iCloud and I could reset network settings in that case, so there's some kind of bad data on my phone which is also in the backup data I guess.

I really don't want to set my phone up as new, so I'm going to try and put 12.4.1 back on, Reset Network Settings there and then upgrade back to 13.1. The whole thing is just a PITA though. So much for "it just works".

Right now I'm in the process of going back to iOS 12.4.1 and restoring a backup there after which I'll try Resetting Network Settings and upgrading back to 13.1, but does anyone have any suggestions how to get around this?

I really don't want to set up my phone as new.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.