Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Suspended
Original poster
Dec 19, 2017
Hi.

I was given a iPhone SE. I have no idea where it was purchased from and I have no receipt.

Its under warranty for a year from yesterday.

I noticed as soon as I opened it it has a small mark on the left hand side of phone that won't clean off.

Its only very small but I noticed it straight away. hard to take a picture of (you'll have to zoom). 2nd picture shows it better.

Will apple swap it if I take it into the store?

Thanks

Last edited:

Suspended
Original poster
Dec 19, 2017
Its already covered in dust and lint and you're worried about a nick so small you need a magnifying glass and arrows?

dust and lint cleans off.

just wondered if anyone had any idea what it was and what caused it?

looks like a white mark on the aluminium.

Last edited:

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
dust and lint cleans off.

just wondered if anyone had any idea what it was and what caused it?

looks like a white mark on the aluminium.

If it is dried Adhesive, it usually will dry kind of white in color, which is likely the interaction it had with the aluminum. You can try a minuscule amount of rubbing alcohol on a microfiber cloth to see if that will remove it.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
Hi.

I was given a iPhone SE. I have no idea where it was purchased from and I have no receipt.

Its under warranty for a year from yesterday.

I noticed as soon as I opened it it has a small mark on the left hand side of phone that won't clean off.

Its only very small but I noticed it straight away. hard to take a picture of (you'll have to zoom). 2nd picture shows it better.

Will apple swap it if I take it into the store?

Thanks

What happened to the 8 with the bad pixel?

Suspended
Original poster
Dec 19, 2017
Why ask people here what only Apple can answer?

Ok, I'll just go the Foxconn factory in China and have a word ;)

It was a rhetorical question I guess. I know no one 100% has the answers on an Apple fanboy (of which I am one) forum.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.