Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

oogje

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 4, 2002
nyc
Am trying to activate a phone for a friend. Have been getting the message in the title when I click the "Submit" button on the iTunes "Review Your Information" page in 15 or so attempts over the past 30 minutes.

I also see the Apple Discussions iPhone page shows "We're sorry, Apple Discussions is temporarily unavailable...."

Having broken AT&T, it looks we broke Apple too. Will iPhone break the iNternet?

fastdrive

macrumors member
Sep 28, 2006
When I was having problem activating on the 29th, I tried to activate using my xp computer running IE7 and got the same message.

Switching to my mac and safari and no problems as far as proceeding from that screen. Credit check however was another problem.

Which OS and browser is your friend using?

oogje

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 4, 2002
nyc
When I was having problem activating on the 29th, I tried to activate using my xp computer running IE7 and got the same message.

Switching to my mac and safari and no problems as far as proceeding from that screen. Credit check however was another problem.

Which OS and browser is your friend using?

Hi. I'm using Mac OS X 10.4.10 and iTunes 7.3. I don't think there's a browser involved for activation on a Mac. I had already activated two iPhones on this machine but the 3rd one was a jinx. I eventually got it activated.

Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.