Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

How much should "Countdowns" cost?

• $2.99, a .99 cent entry sale for few days

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • $1.99, no sale

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters

JamesFoote

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 5, 2008
By next week, I'll be submitting my second application "Countdowns" to the App Store. It will allow you to add your own countdowns, and then from there, you will be able to group them in folders, add custom backgrounds for each count and even be notified when a countdown's time is up. These are just some of the features that I'm including in this new app. It's going to be great for people who always forget medical info - because "Countdowns" will be able to remind them when it's time to take they're medication. It's great for work, waiting for seasons, simply fun countdowns and whatever else you can think of.

The price I'm considering is $2.99, but I have added a poll so you can help me decide.

Give me some feedback! :)

JamesFoote

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 5, 2008
Can't the Calender/Clock app do that already?

It can handle one timer, while my app will allow more than one (more than 100) countdowns with they're own name, customized background, live timer counting down.....

Also this will take over all of those single purpose countdowns (presidential, harry potter 6, terminator countdowns)

Amt

macrumors regular
Aug 19, 2008
ah. heh. I'll be looking forward to it.

And lol, Harry Potter 6. xD

ilfn143

macrumors 6502a
Aug 27, 2008
Enron by the Sea
how does your app remind people when it's time to take medication? does it run in background/has some kind of alert? or if it's time for medication and people tap on the app so it could remind them?

admanimal

macrumors 68040
Apr 22, 2005
There are already at least two apps just like this that are only 99 cents, so if you are planning to charge more than that you better have done something really outstanding.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.