Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

toneloco2881

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 23, 2005
I installed Xp on my MacBook Pro, and the installation went fairly smooth. However; I am having a few issues I was hoping someone could help me with.

1.) Is anyone having an issue when trying to add the XP partition to the spotlight privacy tab? Every-time I try it won't let me. It's getting annoying with all the windows crap showing up in all my spotlight searches.

2.) After installing the sound driver, my optical light for my headphone jack won't go out when running XP. Is this normal behavior for other MacBook Pro users, or is there something wrong with my install?

Thanks for any help.

sugarkane

macrumors newbie
Mar 17, 2006
bondi beach
toneloco2881 said:
I installed Xp on my MacBook Pro, and the installation went fairly smooth. However; I am having a few issues I was hoping someone could help me with.

1.) Is anyone having an issue when trying to add the XP partition to the spotlight privacy tab? Every-time I try it won't let me. It's getting annoying with all the windows crap showing up in all my spotlight searches.

2.) After installing the sound driver, my optical light for my headphone jack won't go out when running XP. Is this normal behavior for other MacBook Pro users, or is there something wrong with my install?

Thanks for any help.

you can ask spotlight not to l;ook there and the optical out put is the norm right now!!!

ciao

sk

chafner

macrumors newbie
Mar 23, 2006
Wolfeboro, New Hampshire
Actually I have been trying to use Spotlights preference pane to not look at my XP partition but it won't go. I am using the Privacy tab to attempt this (even as root). Iremember there is a way to edit metadate via terminal but will this do what I want it to do? Has anyone done this successfully? I appreciate any help. Thanks.

NEoPHYte31

macrumors newbie
Jan 31, 2004
Actually, the optical out can be disabled in the Sigma Tel audio section. Just click disable SPDIF optical out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.