Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

monty77

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 4, 2005
UK, South Coast
1) Any idea if the Apple retail stores have any new Intel iMacs yet?
2) Thinking of getting a new 17" iMac, ballpark value on my existing setup?

..it's a RevB (w/o iSight) iMac 20" with 2Gb ram upgrade.

Cheers!
Adam

skippy64

macrumors member
Jan 10, 2006
North West England
I was in Apple Store @ Trafford Centre last night to buy iLife06 and they were estimating either this weekend or by Monday/Tuesday at the latest to have the iMac Intels in.
Sorry, no answer for question2
If they had an iMac in last night I probably wouldn't have been able to resist as I had cash at the ready !!! (and I had it all worked out how to explain to the wife why I had purchased one as well - Oh well theres always next week !!)

monty77

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 4, 2005
UK, South Coast
skippy64 said:
I was in Apple Store @ Trafford Centre last night to buy iLife06 and they were estimating either this weekend or by Monday/Tuesday at the latest to have the iMac Intels in.
Sorry, no answer for question2
If they had an iMac in last night I probably wouldn't have been able to resist as I had cash at the ready !!! (and I had it all worked out how to explain to the wife why I had purchased one as well - Oh well theres always next week !!)

uh oh - I'm going to Bluewater next weekend, this could get expensive :)

..that said one of the main reasons I'd go for one would be to dual boot with windows (I know I know, not through choice - needed for work) but doesn't look like that's possible just yet :(

Cheers,
Adam

arcsbite

Jan 14, 2006
monty77 said:
uh oh - I'm going to Bluewater next weekend, this could get expensive :)

..that said one of the main reasons I'd go for one would be to dual boot with windows (I know I know, not through choice - needed for work) but doesn't look like that's possible just yet :(

Cheers,
Adam

That's the reason for my almost imminent intel iMac purchase, I hope someone finds a way around it..soon.

arcsbite

Jan 14, 2006
possibly not the place to ask, but do any of you guys know if the Apple store (Trafford inparticular) accept NUS discount like the web store?

I can't bare the thought of waiting weeks for my new mac to arrive knowing there's a stockroom full just up the road,

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.