Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JasonReid

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 21, 2006
Problem 1:
Sometimes after closing the powerbook, then opening it up again, a screen comes up that says you need to restart your computer by holding the power button. Why is this happening?

Problem 2:
Every time after my computer wakes up from sleeping the window pops up that says 'are you sure you want to shut down your computer'

please help
thanks, jason

funkychunkz

macrumors 6502a
Jun 1, 2005
Ottawa, Canada
Hmm. The only option on your computer I can think of would be the 'Allow power button to sleep the computer' option under energy saver. Never really used a mac notebook so I wouldn't be able to tell you anything laptop-specific.

Hope that works....

Edit: Whoa, I must be on crack or something. I missed the first part altogether. That is called a kernel panic, which usually means something is very wrong with your computer. Search the forums for help with this, or re-post with 'powerbook kernel panics' as title.

x86

macrumors regular
May 25, 2006
Dearborn, MI
JasonReid said:
Problem 1:
Sometimes after closing the powerbook, then opening it up again, a screen comes up that says you need to restart your computer by holding the power button. Why is this happening?

This is a kernel panic, not cool... Try uninstalling any 3rd party RAM you may have and see if the problem goes away.

JasonReid said:
Problem 2:
Every time after my computer wakes up from sleeping the window pops up that says 'are you sure you want to shut down your computer'

please help
thanks, jason

Not sure on this one, but repairing permissions never hurts. There is a guide on these fourms to show you how to do it.

[edit]: Here's the link.

imacintel

macrumors 68000
Mar 12, 2006
JasonReid said:
Problem 1:

Problem 2:

please help
thanks, jason

Problem 1: Dude, that isn't good, that is called a Kernal panic. This is weird. EDIT: Damnit, X86

JasonReid

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 21, 2006
x86 said:
This is a kernel panic, not cool... Try uninstalling any 3rd party RAM you may have and see if the problem goes away.

Not sure on this one, but repairing permissions never hurts. There is a guide on these fourms to show you how to do it.

[edit]: Here's the link.

I don't have any 3rd party ram installed... any suggestions?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.