Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Antidoll

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 19, 2008
So I'm just sharing my feedback so far of the iOS 7 which I'm in love with btw...

couple really annoying things though are with the lock screen...

A- when you are listening to music and lock the screen, pressing the home button doesn't show you the time, so you have to unlock the phone to see the time at the top... kind of weird if you ask me...

B- double tapping the home button doesn't bring up music anymore when phone is locked?

VolceOntra

macrumors 6502
Apr 25, 2007
A is probably an oversight in the beta. B - is a design decision most likely (and IMO hopefully)

nikicampos

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2011
So I'm just sharing my feedback so far of the iOS 7 which I'm in love with btw...

A- when you are listening to music and lock the screen, pressing the home button doesn't show you the time, so you have to unlock the phone to see the time at the top... kind of weird if you ask me...

B- double tapping the home button doesn't bring up music anymore when phone is locked?

I guess this time OP deserves this...

IT'S A BETA!!!!

w0lf

macrumors 65816
Feb 16, 2013
USA

For this one you can just swipe up after you press the home button to get the music controls, maybe a little more work but not by much really.

Mabus51

Suspended
Aug 16, 2007
A: Probably a reason to get the iWatch in the fall... I kid, I kid. Nah I'm sure it's a bug and will be corrected. Hopefully anyway...

B: Double Tapping the home button in iOS 6 brought up the music controls in the lock screen. with music playing single tapping home brings up the music controls. Also swiping up brings up the music controls. Not really sure what you're questioning here.

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles

A- I think this is a bug.

B- Why would you double tap home to bring up music controls when you can flick the screen up to reveal control center where music controls are now located?

Antidoll

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 19, 2008
A: Probably a reason to get the iWatch in the fall... I kid, I kid. Nah I'm sure it's a bug and will be corrected. Hopefully anyway...

B: Double Tapping the home button in iOS 6 brought up the music controls in the lock screen. with music playing single tapping home brings up the music controls. Also swiping up brings up the music controls. Not really sure what you're questioning here.

Because in iOS6 I like the fact that I can click the home button to see the cover of the music + time but don't necessarily want to interact with the screen and double tapping brought up the controls...

It's just kind of annoying, especially that there's now 3 ways to control the music (side buttons/on screen + the new control menu) haha.

I Drink Your

macrumors newbie
Jul 5, 2013
A- I think this is a bug.

B- Why would you double tap home to bring up music controls when you can flick the screen up to reveal control center where music controls are now located?

Because A - i'm used to it and B - it's a faster and more natural move?

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
Because A - i'm used to it and B - it's a faster and more natural move?

fair enough. I like the control center workflow better because that's one less thing to push the home button for. I like preserving clicks to make the button last longer. I wish the switcher was gesture based too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.