Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Apple should not charge extra for 4GB vRAM on highest spec'd BTO 15" MBP ?

• AGREE !

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DISAGREE !

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

vpro

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 8, 2012
I give Apple a big two thumbs up WAY up !

I didn't like the "courage" they took with the iPhone but I really love this daring and risk taking, no remorse approach to their recent update to the MBP line late 2016.

This update really exemplifies the original motto of the company which was all about minimalism, Zen and subtle beauty, married with unmatched premium eningeering feats ! I LOVE IT ! They work hard, you can tell, they keep pushing forward and leave others in their dust trails as they excellerate into the future, bringing us along kicking and screaming ! I LOVE this ride Apple !

I had wet dreams of Apple getting rid of all the ports, killing the light out of the annoying and in your face glowing Apple logo and manhandling the entire industry, and their consumers to their will. That confidence is sexy to me (fan girl). To ACHIEVE "out of this world" success comes from the commitment to your true original values, being steadfast and unwavering from the path to greatness, with absolutely no apologies in conducting business, they really walk the talk. I can really respect that. This company is legend !

The three things I really feel like kicking them in the balls for are as follows:

1. Why bring back the "in your face" MacBook Pro moniker under the display, it was so orgasmically sexy to be immersed in the content on my screen with out the annoying glare of pompous branding everywhere ! It was so slick and gorgeous to see the branding printed ever so beautifully under the computer where it belongs, hello !?

2. The pricing is a total farce, are you kidding me, I'm already paying top dollar for the top of the line, maxed spec'd BTO and you don't include 1TB FLASH standard capacity with 4GB vRAM ?! Nickle and diming is not classy, it's plain trashy of you Apple !!

3. WHAT is wrong with you people in the marketing department, wake up ! Why do you still have a pointless and inferior 13" MBP line ? A truly awesome move for the company would be to AXE the 13" MBP line and update the 12" MB to have an OLED bar out of the box. The whole thing reeks of "money-grab" my goodness gracious so tasteless. The 13" MBP just got a face lift, you are charging way too much for a weak spec'd machine. Who cares about the 13" MBA, balls up and AXE it once and for all, you did with the 17" MBP, remember ?! Force the Air users to move to an updated 12" MB ! The only way to justify having a 13" MBP in the line up of MBPs is to give BTO option of i7 Quadcore with dedicated graphics (1-2GB vRAM) at the VERY LEAST, if you're charging so much already, geeeeezzzzz Apple ! Having an extra entry level 13" MBP is a farce !

What you all think ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.