Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

assquatch

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 22, 2021
Hi, seeking some advice regarding a support/warranty issue.

I have an issue with my Apple Watch and I have sent it in for service 3x. Each time, I received it back with a pamphlet basically saying they ran diagnostics and believe it is functioning properly, and could not see any problem.

I've supplied screenshots, and most recently, per support and the engineering team's instruction, I installed a profile to log my health data while demoing the problem, which I did successfully. They got back to me after reading the data and confirmed a hardware issue, and had me send it in for the third time.

Once again, it came back still with the issue, and with the same pamphlet basically saying they didn't do anything and it's fine.

What is my course of action here? Something is clearly broken with the watch, and they acknowledge it, yet there is some disconnect between support and the folks doing the repairs where they are not reading the ticket or seeing that it's been sent in 3x, with screenshots and sysdiagnose logs provided. All I want is a repair, refund, or replacement. I can't document this any more clearly. I need a better support avenue. Do I need to email Tim?

Thanks

Last edited:

assquatch

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 22, 2021
So I actually got it replaced on the 4th send in. Had to be super clear that it wasn’t going in for fix and would be replaced. It works now.

wonderings

macrumors 6502a
Nov 19, 2021
Good to hear it was resolved! You really need to start going up the ladder to get a hold of someone beyond the first level of support. You need people who can actually make decisions. Years ago when the first 5K iMac was released I ordered a maxed out model. Had nothing but issues with it when I received it. Went through support, they sent me a new one. New one had issues, dealing with support was not as great as it was the first go around. Waiting to hear back, getting moved to a different rep, it just never went anywhere. Shot in the dock I googled Tim Cooks email address and sent him an email Next day had a phone call from some higher up guy who said Tim Cook told him to take care of it. Not sure I actually believed him, but next day I had a new computer and a promise that if I was still not happy in 6 months to contact him and they would refund me for the computer. Not saying jump right to emailing the CEO, but you need to get a hold of people who can actually do something and think outside the box.

assquatch

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 22, 2021
False alarm. Just ran a half marathon and the replacement they sent me recorded over 100 flights climbed. Support called me back and they are asking for another round of debug logs. I’m pretty sick of this multi-month long saga so I think I’ll try going back to the Apple Store and pressing them for a refund.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.