Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jos7878

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 20, 2020
Hello all,

I'd like to consult you regarding an issue which concerns iOS and Facebook mobile. When I try to update/change my cover photos via Facebook mobile app (iOS) a copy is being created as a cover photo without retaining likes and comments. These are previously set cover photos in cover photos album on my Facebook account.

So, I'm not doing a new upload from the device. I'm not either transferring between different albums on Facebook. I'm just trying to change a photo that is present in cover photos album on my Facebook profile. Such duplication doesn't happen when I try it via Facebook app on Android, Facebook mobile site and Facebook on PC. It only occurs via Facebook app on my iPhone. I've also tried it on several iPhones all of which have the latest version Facebook mobile app and operating systems but it keeps on duplicating.

Do you also have the same issue on your iPhones? I realised this more than one week ago and there is no change in the situation. Is this a sort of bug/glitch? What could be the reason of this? I couldn't see any posts regarding such issue on the internet either.

Thanks a lot!

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.