Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ciarals

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 26, 2010
Italy
Hello everyone! With the iPad Pro coming in the next few months, it could be a nice idea to talk about the best covers/keyboards for it. My main goal (as we're talking in this thread) is to do with the iPad Pro 90% of the jobs that I do with my actual MacBook Pro... and without a keyboard I find this goal pretty difficult to realize :)

So, let's talk about it! I currently don't have a keyboard for my iPad mini so I have 0 experience on this. For the moment, these are the only companies that I've found that are creating keyboards for the iPad Pro:
I've also sent an email to the guys of ClamCase to ask if they have an iPad Pro keyboard coming soon and also to the guys of Bluelounge to ask if Mika is compatible with iPad Pro (I know, it's not a cover or a keyboard, but I really like it).

And you? Do you have any news/updates? :) Let's populate this thread!

ciarals

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 26, 2010
Italy
Well, of course, I didn't mentioned the Apple keyboard because everybody knows of it, but not everybody would like to buy it. The Apple keyboard not necessarily will be the best one.

For example, I will not buy it, because I prefer a cover/keyboard that also covers the back of my iPad. Some other people prefer to not use a cover with an integrated keyboard and that's why I also asked the guys from Bluelounge if they have news.

This post is about all the companies (except Apple) that are creating a cover/keyboard for the iPad Pro. So, yes, I'm serious :)

fanta88

macrumors 6502
Apr 10, 2015
If I was getting an iPP, I'd prefer the Logitech over Apple's keyboard for the following reasons:

-Aesthetics
-Palm/wrist rest area
-Sceptical of the "durable fabric" used in the Apple keyboard. How durable will it be given that the fabric seems to supply the tension necessary for the keys to rebound? Fabrics tend to stretch over time...

We'll see once things are in stores.

gsingham

macrumors 6502
Oct 20, 2013
I'm hoping they have basic Apple leather covers for the device. Don't need the keyboard cover for now. Would love a saddle leather full cover case

Reactions: o2cmefly
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.