Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

amtjb

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 5, 2011
Will someone tell me how to convert a .php files to a .sql files? I'am working with phpMyadmin and it won't let me put my database folder filled with .php files in it. I have a backup database on my desktop I want to put into my phpMyadmin.

IHelpId10t5

macrumors 6502
Nov 28, 2014
Your question doesn't make any sense. A .php file contains PHP scripting. A .sql file contains either SQL commands or a complete SQL database dump. MySQLAdmin is a web-based database utility that does allows you to easily manage MySQL databses including dumping/exporting .sql files of one or more databases, or importing .sql files back into the database server. .php files and .sql files are both just text files but that's where the similarity stops. They contain completely different types of commands and are not convertable to one another.

amtjb

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 5, 2011
Your question doesn't make any sense. A .php file contains PHP scripting. A .sql file contains either SQL commands or a complete SQL database dump. MySQLAdmin is a web-based database utility that does allows you to easily manage MySQL databses including dumping/exporting .sql files of one or more databases, or importing .sql files back into the database server. .php files and .sql files are both just text files but that's where the similarity stops. They contain completely different types of commands and are not convertable to one another.

I am newbie understanding all the computer languages and what they can do. Thank for information.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.