Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mmefju

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 7, 2021
Hi everyone, is there any solution for this problem? I want to install some plugin/app on my M1 Mac but its working only on Intel CPU Macs. I already have Rosetta but its not working. Probably because its not application but a .pkg installation file. Is there any chance to run this on M1 Mac?

Zrzut ekranu 2021-05-7 o 19.44.00.png

jdb8167

macrumors 601
Nov 17, 2008
Rosetta can only work on plug-ins that are run out-of-process. So if the application is running a plug-in from within a process that is designated as Apple silicon and the plug-in is only Intel, it won't work. The best thing to do would be to contact the software tech support and ask.

Edit: You can also run your application (Photoshop?) using Rosetta which should allow in-process Intel plug-ins to work.

Reactions: mmefju

mmefju

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 7, 2021
Rosetta can only work on plug-ins that are run out-of-process. So if the application is running a plug-in from within a process that is designated as Apple silicon and the plug-in is only Intel, it won't work. The best thing to do would be to contact the software tech support and ask.

Edit: You can also run your application (Photoshop?) using Rosetta which should allow in-process Intel plug-ins to work.
Yes you are right I already using Photoshop with Rosetta but this plugin is pretty old and must be first installed directly on the computer not on AdobeCloud etc so it won't work for me :/

mmefju

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 7, 2021
You could try an app like Pacifist to force the install. This looks like the installer looks for Intel and blocks any other CPU type.
It works for me, thank you very much! It was so easy with this app. Let me ask another question: do you think its possible to open and instal .exe files on m1 Mac? Do you have any ideas?

haralds

macrumors 68030
Jan 3, 2014
Silicon Valley, CA
It works for me, thank you very much! It was so easy with this app. Let me ask another question: do you think its possible to open and instal .exe files on m1 Mac? Do you have any ideas?
You could try Crossover. It does cost you. You can check on the website to see, whether your app is supported. It creates and emulated Windows environment using Wine running on Rosetta2. With some things it works really well.

Alpa7000

macrumors newbie
Jun 7, 2021
Rosetta's CPU type is VirtualApple,not Geniueintel.
Mac OS can run on Geniueintel and AuthenticAMD(using kernel patch)
So this program can only run on Geniueintel CPU

haralds

macrumors 68030
Jan 3, 2014
Silicon Valley, CA
If you are using the plugin with an Intel app under Rosetta2, it should work. You cannot match CPU types in apps with its plugins. You could force the app to use Rosetta2 from Get Info.
The installer likely is checking for the CPU type and only allowing Intel. Pacifist will allow you to force the install. It's worth a try.

Nahuelete

macrumors newbie
Feb 18, 2022
Hello, could you explain to me how you managed to install it?

jdb8167

macrumors 601
Nov 17, 2008
Sure, but how do I install Topaz Clean? Because using the Pacifist tool does not open the Topaz installer.
Someone in this thread said that Pacifist did work. Sorry I can't be of more help. Pacifist should be able to open a .pkg or .mpkg file. If that isn't the type of installer then you might be out of luck.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.