Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jeremylaw89

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 20, 2016
I've been making music on my macs for a few years now. I have a MacBook Pro from 2012. I've recently been a using a program called maschine 2.0
And the cou usage is constantly peaking and lagging my computer. I have loads of hd space and 16gb of ram. I've tried getting rid of most start up programs and cleaning useless files the bes I can yet it's still lagging. Any tricks or tips to help resolve this issue?
Thanks

Luap

macrumors 65816
Jul 5, 2004
Which OS are you using, and what is your buffer size and sample rate set to? Can you see that the CPU is actually peaking? Or is the audio just glitching out?
(Im not a Maschine user btw, but these questions apply to most audio production software)

Jeremylaw89

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 20, 2016
Which OS are you using, and what is your buffer size and sample rate set to? Can you see that the CPU is actually peaking? Or is the audio just glitching out?
(Im not a Maschine user btw, but these questions apply to most audio production software)

Im using OS X El Capitan now. Version 10.11.4. Sample Rate: 44100
i do see the CPU peaking. i start to see it climb then its maxed out and the sound is glitching. the speed of my computer slows down significantly. even the movement of the mouse lags.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.