Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jpow112

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 12, 2007
ordered in store friday - said 1500 on system - for delivery monday - confirmed.

Just had a phone call - actually have NO iphones - on backorder. can't tell me when I'll get my iPhone.

Going to cancel and wait. After the messing about with re-activation of my 2.5g iPhone I've just gone cold on the whole idea. Maybe when they get white ones in, and any hardware glitches have been sorted..

Phil A.

Moderator emeritus
Apr 2, 2006
Shropshire, UK
ordered in store friday - said 1500 on system - for delivery monday - confirmed.

Just had a phone call - actually have NO iphones - on backorder. can't tell me when I'll get my iPhone.

Going to cancel and wait. After the messing about with re-activation of my 2.5g iPhone I've just gone cold on the whole idea. Maybe when they get white ones in, and any hardware glitches have been sorted..

I decided to relent and get one, having previously said I wasn't going to bother following the pre-order fiasco (not that I'm normally this indecisive!). I phoned CPW telesales yesterday morning and it was delivered at 8:15am today (16GB black) :D
It was pretty straightforward except for an hours delay while they confirm the upgrade with O2 - they phoned me back once that was done and finalised the sale.
However, my Wife also ordered one a bit later than me and hers didn't turn up. When she phoned to chase it up she was told that anyone who finalised their order after noon yesterday was out of luck as they ran out of stock and they were all put onto back order. Sounds like a glitch on the stock tracking system to me

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.