Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cbreeze

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
I bought an iPhone from the CPW on launch day, but it annoyingly has two dead pixels in the middle on the screen. Rather than deal with CPW's awful CS, I thought that just cancelling the contract and sending it back in would be much easier.

However, would I be able to walk into an Apple store/o2 store in the coming weeks and take out a contract or would this cause problems as I had already taken out an iPhone 3G contract and they would somehow know this and refuse the purchase?

byron_hinson

macrumors 6502
Jun 3, 2003
I bought an iPhone from the CPW on launch day, but it annoyingly has two dead pixels in the middle on the screen. Rather than deal with CPW's awful CS, I thought that just cancelling the contract and sending it back in would be much easier.

However, would I be able to walk into an Apple store/o2 store in the coming weeks and take out a contract or would this cause problems as I had already taken out an iPhone 3G contract and they would somehow know this and refuse the purchase?

I think you can actually return it to an Apple store anyway to a replacement despite buying it from CPW - least you could with the first gen offering.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.