Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vickalamode

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 1, 2007
Medway, MA
Before I say anything else sorry if this has been posted within like the last 5 seconds, I can't do a search right now. I am freaking out. I turned on my MacBook, which is 2 months old, and half the screen is cracked. I have apple care. What the **** oh my god oh my god oh my god I don't know what to do. I made an appointment at the genius bar for 11am tomorrow. What will they do about this? Anything? When I bought it basically they told me they wont replace it if something spilled on it or whatever, do they mean like all physical damage? I AM SERIOUSLY FREAKING OUT RIGHT NOW OMG. It still works, I am on it right now, but it is 2 months old this shouldn't happen. I don't know what happened omg. It was just sitting on my desk and I came in and turned it on and the whole bottom is ruined. Someone please help!

cptpower

macrumors regular
Sep 10, 2007
Calgary, AB
be calm when you explain what happened. You may luck out and catch someone on a good day and they might replace it for you.

I wouldn't count on it though. In my experience with any sort of electronics, if there is any evidence of physical damage (yes, even if there wasn't any physical damage), then a company will take that as their opportunity to get out of owning up to that particular manufacturing defect.

This has happened to my wife a couple times with cell phones; the screen cracked on one after closing it (flip-style phone) and the company did squat for her. Finally got out of that contract and got a new phone; she did the same thing within a week of getting her new phone, but when we went in to talk to the phone company, they sent it in and fixed it.

Best of luck to you; I really hope that this gets fixed for you and doesn't end up costing you an arm & a leg.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.