Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Original poster
Dec 18, 2012
hmmm, this is probably the most weirdest bug i've encountered on my iphone so far. I'm quite certain it is one of my tweaks but I was wondering if anyone's iPhone crashes sometimes when flipping the physical mute switch on the side of the iphone?

it doesn't happen all the time but it happens at least one time daily when flipping the switch to toggle the phone between ringing mode and vibrate/silent mode, it crashes to springboard.

at first, i thought it was muteicon but uninstalling that didn't help
i restored and the same thing still happens; the crashing to springboard isn't consistent so it's hard to test which tweak is causing this for me. I have a lot of tweaks so it would probably take me forever to figure out since I can only uninstall 1-3 or something a day.

It would be helpful if anyone else also has this strange problem and has a clue which tweak is causing this. thanks

edit: after looking over which tweaks i should attempt uninstalling, i suspect HUD Sliders is causing the crashes since it deals with volume control. Does anyone have this installed and not experience any crashing problems?

edit2: looking at crash reporter, it seems HUD Sliders was the cause of the crashing to springboard from flipping the mute switch

Last edited:

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
It helps if you post what device/firmware

Install SBsettings, go to more/mobilesubstrate addons
You can turn off all your tweaks and turn them on in batches and see if it reoccurs.

When you find the bad tweak/app don't forget to first active it again in SBsettinsg and then uninstall it

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Original poster
Dec 18, 2012
It helps if you post what device/firmware

Install SBsettings, go to more/mobilesubstrate addons
You can turn off all your tweaks and turn them on in batches and see if it reoccurs.

When you find the bad tweak/app don't forget to first active it again in SBsettinsg and then uninstall it

oops, forgot that. iPhone 5 on iOS 6.1.2

the problem is that it doesn't happen frequently. on average, it only happens once daily so it's hard to test it quickly (I think i have around 50 or something; all free tweaks except for the paid tweaks lockinfo 5, zephyr, switchy, and folderenhancer).And it seems doubtful it's one of those 4 tweaks.

I know I have more the seemingly average person does but most of them are small tweaks such as AppStore Update Size, Appcent, or apps like iFile or iCleaner. My phone runs very stable except for the strange occasional crashes by flipping the mute switch

Was just wondering if anyone had the problem too so i can maybe compare matching tweaks and figure out the problem

So far, I suspect HUD Sliders (as noted in my edit above)

edit: I am pretty stupid...
Anyways, I decided to install crash reporter and see if there was any suspects (usually, it shows none and i don't know how to read the crash log so i never install it unless i'm trying to report a problem to the developer and after i'm done, i uninstall it right after)

Anyways, there was an option for springboard and i opened it and the primary suspect is "HUDSliders.dylib"

Last edited:

joju58

macrumors member
Mar 4, 2012
New York, NY
I have exactly same issue as OP have. I also have a lot tweaks and was wondering which one makes this crash issue. Im going to uninstall hudslider and see what happens. I'm not comfy to disable tweaks via SBsetting because I'm not sure if i will remember to have those disabled tweaks back on before uninstalling :) Anyway... will report back if get again safemode crash after switching that physical mute button. Hope not. Special thanks to OP for this thread.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.