Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MarciaFunebre

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 17, 2018
Fans on the Sapphire Radeon 5700XT are spinning up ever 10 or 20 seconds. Even while the computer is idling.
Any idea on how to turn this madness off?

mikes79

macrumors newbie
Feb 14, 2014
Wish, I could help you, I have the exact some card installed in my 7,1; and it works in macOS and windows 10. Sleep works as well. No excessive fan noise whatsoever. The card is currently installed in slot #4. Both of the needed power cables have also been connected. Hope those details help you get things sorted.

M

bcomer

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2008
Ottawa
Wish, I could help you, I have the exact some card installed in my 7,1; and it works in macOS and windows 10. Sleep works as well. No excessive fan noise whatsoever. The card is currently installed in slot #4. Both of the needed power cables have also been connected. Hope those details help you get things sorted.

M
If you install the card in port one or three it will be connected directly to the CPU and not go through the PCIe switch.

Reactions: worldburger

mikes79

macrumors newbie
Feb 14, 2014
Thanks for the tip about the pic-e switch; i'll switch things around; next time the box is not in use. I'm using the standard (non overclocked ) bios

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.