Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dble07

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 12, 2022
As the title says I am curious of everyone’s opinion on an idea. Let me preface this by saying it is a niche idea and I understand that. And let me also say that I know plenty of people will respond with something to the effect of “that is being too plugged in” or “that is completely unnecessary”. I know it is kind of ridiculous, but it has my curiosity peaked still.

The idea of an apple device for the shower. I love listening to music while I get ready for my day. Yes I know I can just put a HomePod mini on the bathroom counter. But Siri doesn’t always hear me over the sound of the water and with the curtain closed. I also have some of my best or helpful thoughts in the shower. I have tried to add items to a remind or grocery list by shouting to Siri and it doesn’t always work.

What I am curious about is basically the idea of a device similar to the echo show, that can dock on a charging base. Hop in the shower and take the device with you that magnetically attaches to a mount in the shower. Put a Digital Crown on it since wet fingers don’t work well on touch screens. I can have a clock, my calendar, my reminders, and maybe even my cameras(in case I am trying to get ready but expecting a visitor/contractor/delivery soon) readily available while also having music inside the shower. This would also solve the problem of turning up the HPM too loud while an SO is still asleep. When I get out of the shower, put the device on the dock on the bathroom counter.

How crazy is this?

Anything you would add if Apple was actually going to create it?

What if apple was already working on something like the echo show, but had some of these design elements added to it so it could perform like the echo show was originally marketed but also do this? Would the idea be less crazy?

What if it could double as a mirror(when the screen is off) and had a light built in for us guys that shave in the shower? Could I sell you on the idea then? 🤣

uller6

macrumors 65816
May 14, 2010
You do know the Apple Watch is waterproof, right? I wear mine in the shower. It has a crown, and Siri. The speakers definitely won’t be loud enough for you though - you’ll need a Bluetooth/airplay speaker outside the shower for streaming. But I think the watch can address every other request you have…

Reactions: T'hain Esh Kelch

Dble07

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 12, 2022
You do know the Apple Watch is waterproof, right? I wear mine in the shower. It has a crown, and Siri. The speakers definitely won’t be loud enough for you though - you’ll need a Bluetooth/airplay speaker outside the shower for streaming. But I think the watch can address every other request you have…
I wear my watch 24/7, except in the shower since that is the only time I charge it. The idea of the Digital Crown on the hypothetical device is to basically have “cards“ of information to scroll through. Again, I know it is niche but a curious one at that at least for me. My current set up doesn’t come close to killing me, I’m not complaining.

Reactions: uller6
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.