Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

foz405

macrumors member
Original poster
I'm hoping someone can help. I want to create a new folder and have it as a child of an existing folder instead of becoming "New Folder" at the bottom of the Macintosh HD directory which wastes a lot of time moving it up into the correct folder and renaming it.
I'm sure it can be done, but I don't know how.
Thanking anyone who can help.

Grahame

MrCheeto

macrumors 68040
Nov 2, 2008
Try Control+Clicking in the white field of the folder you want to create a new folder in. Click New Folder.

Mal

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2002
Orlando
Nope! That still puts the new folder at the bottom of the home directory.
Thanks anyway.

No, it doesn't. If you're just in list view and tick the little arrow to view the folder, sure, it'll still go into the parent folder, but if you double-click and open that folder, any new folders you create will go there.

jW

foz405

macrumors member
Original poster
No, it doesn't. If you're just in list view and tick the little arrow to view the folder, sure, it'll still go into the parent folder, but if you double-click and open that folder, any new folders you create will go there.

jW

You're both right. What I have been doing is highlighting the "parent" folder only, not opening it as you suggest.

All is now well, thank you.
:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.