Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

camelia

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 3, 2015
Mexico City
Hello,

Can I follow this video with simple instructions to create a bootable macOS Mojave 10.14.4 USB install drive?
(In the video they shows How to create a bootable But using macOS High Sierra) :confused:

Best Regards
Came

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
Yes, that will work.
But, for Mojave, the terminal command is not quite correct. You don't need the part from --applicationpath.
The terminal command should look something like this:
Code:
sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Mojave.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/MyVolume
Even in that video, High Sierra bootable installer also doesn't need the --applicationpath part of the command.

Reactions: camelia

camelia

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 3, 2015
Mexico City
Yes, that will work.
But, for Mojave, the terminal command is not quite correct. You don't need the part from --applicationpath.
The terminal command should look something like this:
Code:
sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Mojave.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/MyVolume
Even in that video, High Sierra bootable installer also doesn't need the --applicationpath part of the command.

Thank you!

When I created the High Sierra bootable installer, a long time ago... i didn't have any issue with the --applicationpath command or it is an argument? anyway just curios what --applicationpath does?

What about this video I found? it is for macOS Mojave BUT beta, I don't want to have any problem creating my bootable USB install drive, Do I have to change something or everything is OK?

Best Regards
Came

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
Follow the video...
I have used that same method dozens of times. It will work (or if it doesn't work for some reason, just try the same command again.)
The "applicationpath" part of the command (which you don't need!), is simply inputting the location (the path) to the installer app. It's no longer needed because the "createinstallmedia" command describes where the app is located - so that part is not needed.
Or, if you do struggle with the terminal, you can download the good DiskMakerX app, which simplifies part of the process (and you don't use the terminal at all!) https://diskmakerx.com

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.