Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jusacruiser

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 15, 2009
Palm Beach, Florida
I would like to make sure that every photo in my library has a keyword.

How do I create a Smart Album that finds any photo in my library that does not have a keyword?

KoolAid-Drink

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2013
USA
I tried seeing if there was a way to apply boolean logic (ie, Keyword does not include "Any"), but unlike the other settings while creating a Smart Album, it looks like showing/filtering by Keywords are literally either a specific keyword or not. :\ I don't see a way to specifically show all photos without keywords, sadly so.

I wish I could help, though!

Reactions: jusacruiser

jusacruiser

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 15, 2009
Palm Beach, Florida
I tried seeing if there was a way to apply boolean logic (ie, Keyword does not include "Any"), but unlike the other settings while creating a Smart Album, it looks like showing/filtering by Keywords are literally either a specific keyword or not. :\ I don't see a way to specifically show all photos without keywords, sadly so.

I wish I could help, though!
[doublepost=1553234421][/doublepost]Thanks for trying. It seems like such an obvious thing that Photos should be able to do. I’d like to find all photos without any tags, so I can tag them. What so hard about that capability?

KoolAid-Drink

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2013
USA
[doublepost=1553234421][/doublepost]Thanks for trying. It seems like such an obvious thing that Photos should be able to do. I’d like to find all photos without any tags, so I can tag them. What so hard about that capability?
I wish I knew :\ sometimes Apple's logic does not make sense. I suspect keywords aren't their priority, though, with the whole Photos Library concept (macOS across iOS), because on iOS, you can't even add or remove keywords. You can't even view the keywords for a specific photo, although you can search for a keyword. It's quite clunky.

Last edited:

jusacruiser

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 15, 2009
Palm Beach, Florida
I wish I knew :\ sometimes Apple's logic does not make sense to you. I suspect keywords aren't their priority, though, with the whole Photos Library concept (macOS across iOS), because on iOS, you can't even add or remove keywords. You can't even view the keywords for a specific photo, although you can search for a keyword. It's quite clunky.
Thanks for trying. An old fashioned “there is just no answer” is refreshingly honest. Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.