Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ninaco

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 11, 2012
VA
Had an odd Apple issue this week. Posting in case others are hit with it.

My credit card in Apple wallet showed expired even though the expiration date is next year. Because it’s used for Apple subscriptions, I couldn’t simply remove/re-add the card (received denial message). And, it couldn’t be updated either. I was stuck, and couldn’t download even free apps from the store.

First CS rep told me that Apple requires all cards to be verified yearly, and that’s the reason my card got ”expired” message. Of course, that was bull! But, she insisted it was MY issue. Second CS rep informed me that there is a problem impacting some customers - Apple’s database had somehow been incorrectly updated to give some valid cards expiration dates in the past. She could see the incorrect date. She said she’d walked other customers through resolution of the issue. So, I’m not alone. I appreciated the honesty - admitting it was an Apple issue.

anyway, if someone else has the problem, it can’t be resolved via Apple wallet. You have to go into settings - payment & shipping. Add a different card than what’s there. (It’s ok if the new card is already in the wallet.) Then, remove the card that got the error, and re-add it. Would have been nice if Apple could have simply corrected the error, but at least the workaround was successful.

Attachments

• IMG_0205.jpeg
    IMG_0205.jpeg
    86.5 KB · Views: 87
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.