Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

matsan

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 3, 2022
For about a year I have seen "Credit: 202 kr" (approx $19) when checking my account on the iPhone. What is this credit - and how can I use it? I pay for 200 GB iCloud but this is never taken from the Credit but instead charged to my CC monthly.
I have also bought some Apps and Music but these purchases have also been direct to my CC.

Any clues?

1699598020156.png

nburwell

macrumors 603
May 6, 2008
DE
From my understanding, I thought Apple pulls from your account balance first before charging a CC you have on file. I poked around on my iPhone to see if there is some sort of setting to change, but I’m not seeing anything. I have a good amount of credits in my account and all of the app subscriptions I have are always pulled from my account balance.

The only thing I can think of is the stuff you purchased more than $19 USD? And maybe that’s why it’s charging your CC. But I thought Apple would pull the credit first and charge the difference to your CC.

matsan

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 3, 2022
From my understanding, I thought Apple pulls from your account balance first before charging a CC you have on file. I poked around on my iPhone to see if there is some sort of setting to change, but I’m not seeing anything. I have a good amount of credits in my account and all of the app subscriptions I have are always pulled from my account balance.

The only thing I can think of is the stuff you purchased more than $19 USD? And maybe that’s why it’s charging your CC. But I thought Apple would pull the credit first and charge the difference to your CC.
One would have thought that the iCloud Storage plan (39 kr/month) would be drawn from this but no. I recently renewed a subscription for 179 kr/year and also that wasn't drawn from the credits.
Only new purchases perhaps...?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.