Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KAB2010

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 27, 2009
Louisiana
Just got it installed and apps are syncing as I type this. One big problem though... the touch screen is completely messed up now! Let's say I want to tap something on the very right of the screen, well I have to actually tap the very left to select it. It is not even possible to touch the left side intentionally. So now I can't even enter my passcode to get inside of the phone.

It's simply registering touches in the wrong spot so badly that the phone is unusable. Guess I'm the lone unfortunate soul in the world with this issue, because I haven't ran across anyone else mentioning it.

Problem solved. You guys are the best!

Last edited:

Paradoxally

macrumors 68000
Feb 4, 2011
I still do not understand why people don't do clean installs for beta software...it's buggy enough per se.

KAB2010

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 27, 2009
Louisiana
Guys... I'm completely screwed. I can't get to find my iphone to turn it off without the screen going crazy and making it impossible. It won't let me do anything without turning it off first.

KAB2010

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 27, 2009
Louisiana
Try restarting the phone.

It only makes it work until I enter any app then it goes haywire. Have tried 10 times now.

----------

If I can't restore the iPhone due to findmyiPhone being inside the phone settings (which I can't access long enough before it messes up) then what are my options? Please tell me there is still something I can do.

SumYoungGai

macrumors 65816
Jun 11, 2013
SF Bay Area, CA
It only makes it work until I enter any app then it goes haywire. Have tried 10 times now.

----------

If I can't restore the iPhone due to findmyiPhone being inside the phone settings (which I can't access long enough before it messes up) then what are my options? Please tell me there is still something I can do.

Don't take my word for it, but could you put it in DFU Mode and restore it?
It would ask you for your username and password after restoring, I believe.

Macsen

macrumors newbie
Aug 2, 2012
Morelia, Michoacán, México
Fix maybe?

My iPad was having the same problems, and after a nights sleep something came up to help me...

Whenever I restarted the iPad a "Zoom Enabled" pop up would appear... so I thought that somehow it was getting activated but it did not show. Never having used accessibility options managed to find that a triple finger click or twice would call up the options for zoom...

Do not remember the exact steps, but there is a way there to "reset" the zoom and it will work. IT WILL SCREW AGAIN once you open any app, but if you open Settings, then reset the zoom and then get into accessibility and disable zoom permanently you will, I hope, get your device working...

Mine was an iPad 3, iPhone did not had any problems.

Hope I made myself clear...

Rick

tdar

macrumors 68020
Jun 23, 2003
Johns Creek Ga.
There is a bug in the beta where screen zoom is on by mistake. Here's how to fix. Reboot the phone. Go into Settings\Accessibility. Turn Off Zoom. Due to the screen issue you'll have to figure out where to tap to flick off the slider. Reboot the phone again. Fixed.

KAB2010

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 27, 2009
Louisiana
My iPad was having the same problems, and after a nights sleep something came up to help me...

Whenever I restarted the iPad a "Zoom Enabled" pop up would appear... so I thought that somehow it was getting activated but it did not show. Never having used accessibility options managed to find that a triple finger click or twice would call up the options for zoom...

Do not remember the exact steps, but there is a way there to "reset" the zoom and it will work. IT WILL SCREW AGAIN once you open any app, but if you open Settings, then reset the zoom and then get into accessibility and disable zoom permanently you will, I hope, get your device working...

Mine was an iPad 3, iPhone did not had any problems.

Hope I made myself clear...

Rick

YOU ARE THE MAN! Thank you so much I'll forever be in your debt

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.