Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Slix

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 24, 2010
So, I've long been a fan of Cro-Mag Rally, ever since I played it back on our Grape iMac G3 when I was a little kid, and I've recently been wanting to load it up again and play on the local network with a few of my Macs so I could play with friends.

The issue seems to be there's something going wonky with the network play configuration, or something. I get to the Network play on both computers, set one up with AppleTalk settings, host it, and on the other Mac, join it. The host computer seems to be stuck with the white settings box outline on the screen, and it doesn't disappear when selecting the character or cars. It persists through the race on the host computer, and occasionally I'll get an error saying the host or client is out of sync because of losing too much data. I'm running version 2.2.1 on both computers (and I've tried about 5 or 6 Macs at this point - all the same issue), and they're both on the same network, with the same system time synced to a time server. I know this used to work when I was younger because we'd have my family's iMac, a PowerBook or two, and another of my aunt's iMacs over sometimes for holidays to play together with the cousins.

Any help would be appreciated, I know this is kind of a random question, but I haven't been able to find any info online about it, since it is in fact an old game. I'd love to be able to play 6 player multiplayer again!

Here are a couple pictures to help illustrate the issues.

IMG_5970.JPG IMG_5971.JPG IMG_5972.JPG

Reactions: bobesch

Slix

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 24, 2010
I've been trying this again, and to no avail. Any suggestions or trial and error reports from you guys would be awesome! :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.