Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

malikk

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 16, 2008
Hello Everyone,
I was hopping someone may be able to help me with a problem I am having under windows in CS:Go. To start, when I run CS:GO under OS X I get about 30/40 FPS (not great I know) but it runs smoothly and fine for the most part.

Under Windows (bootcamp Windows 8) I am unable to get past 15-25fps and it stutters a lot depending on the map or where I am in the map. Is there something in regards to Windows 8 and Boot Camp that is making this happen.

For both systems (OS X and Windows) I throw everything on low, disabled etc. so I am confused why I am able to play without stuttering on OS X but in Windows (the game's native OS) I can't play without stuttering or poor playability.

I understand that I do not have a good graphics card or anything but this seems a little odd to me. Can someone enlighten me or maybe give me ideas on what may be wrong?

I've put the newest boot camp drivers on and made sure that Windows had the latest Intel Graphic Drivers.

I am on a MacBook Pro 13" 10gb ram, 500 gb hard drive, i5 2.4ghz. Running Mountain Lion and Windows 8 in bootcamp.

Thank you!

malikk

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 16, 2008
bump

Any ideas?

It seems that star wars knights of the old republic runs fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.