Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jbarley

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 1, 2006
Vancouver Island
I have installed the latest Cuda driver (9.0.197) on my El Capitan system but the Cuda preference panel insists I need to upgrade my driver.
Can anyone point me to a driver version that works with El Capitan?

Kabir8

macrumors regular
Feb 3, 2010
LA
Everything is good :)
Just have to ask the right questions in a Google search...

DUDE!
Please share the link that helped you fix this problem.
I'm an editor and have been searching for hours, rebooted and reinstalled stuff.

Please share your solution, because in Adobe the CUDA options aren't even showing up now.

Thanks

jbarley

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 1, 2006
Vancouver Island
This is the Cuda driver that works for me in El Capitan.
http://www.nvidia.com/object/macosx-cuda-8.0.90-driver.html

-1.png

Reactions: Kabir8

ddpmusic

macrumors newbie
Jul 27, 2010
Does CUDA give you better performance for audio and video applications?

I just installed a second GPU in my old Mac Pro Mid 2010, a GeForce 730 "Unflushed" (2GB - GDDR5).
It's window card bought it a Fry's.

I installed the suggested CUDA driver for El Capitan 10.11.6 and also the NVidia Web Driver.

The card works perfect from the first start. It was a surprise for me. I wasn't sure if it will work. I'm using four monitors, two with each GPU.

The CUDA preference was also asking me for an update but it was the latest already.

I deleted the preference panel and I don't get that annoying window anymore and the card still performing well. I also had the NVidia Web Driver Icon/Settings on the top/right toolbar.

I'm wondering if installing the CUDA driver (maybe still installed in my system) will make a difference in performance for my main applications (Cubase Pro 9, Pro Tools Ultimate 2018.10).

Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.