Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SaitaraSoft

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 1, 2015
Use the Siri Remote as a virtual cue.
MFI Controller support will be added this week too.
I've got a couple of promo codes left if anyone's interested...
Here's a quick demo:

Last edited:

SaitaraSoft

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 1, 2015
Here you go, please post in the thread which one you've used. Cheers!
LNX46M3F7WHM
NEYJFFL4MYYJ
EHYT9L7KWTL3

SaitaraSoft

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 1, 2015
Use it in iTunes on your Mac then.
That's the only way to redeem them anyway just now ;)

And sorry but these are the last 3.
till the next update anyway

SaitaraSoft

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 1, 2015
No problem, thanks for letting us know.
The iOS version should be out in 1 - 2 weeks so I hope you'll automatically get that too. It's the first time trying "Universal Purchase" though, so I'm not 100% sure.

Fabian90

macrumors regular
Feb 19, 2013
Bonn, Germany
That would be cool =) I have to wait for DHL Express to arrive today so I haven't tested yet... Multiplayer is possible I guess? Everyone with the same remote or can people use their iPhones, too? I heard it's possible to add that.

SaitaraSoft

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 1, 2015
It's "pass the remote" right now (or VS cpu) unless you have an MFI controller, but online competitive play is planned for after the iOS version is finished. Then you can play against anyone on Apple TV, iPhone, iPad. I'll look into the "local multiplayer" side.

seamusk

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2007
I posted last night and somehow missed that you posted them lol. I'm totally lame.

oftheheavens

macrumors 68000
Jul 9, 2008
cherry point
I went and bought it simply because you posted it here and that is the easiest way to find atv games right now. I like it actually, although something needs to be done about the camera, even with changing the mode as recommended. It is super hard to get your shot lined up but then even MORE hard to keep it lined up when you push the touch pad and hold it for the power of the shot. During all this time it is very rare for your shot to stay lined up, then player 2 CPU comes and blows through like 5 trick shots.

Am I missing something in the way the controls are done, or is this something that you are working on?

EDIT: playing more I am getting the controls down. I would recommend a way to lock the zoom in/out cause just sitting on the couch or standing trying to play you constantly struggle to zoom in to where you want. just my opinion though.

Last edited:

Joell27

macrumors member
Jun 10, 2015
Can anyone that has played the game provide a review? The only pool game on iOS I've played is 8 ball pool, which I love. How does cueist compare to 8 ball pool?

pjarvi

macrumors 65816
Jan 11, 2006
Clovis, CA
Video looks good, is there an option to select a different plain cue ball though? I don't like all the dots.

SaitaraSoft

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 1, 2015
Thanks for the feedback oftheheavens!

When you hold the main button down ready to take your shot, it enters a "fine-tuning" mode where the zoom level is fixed and you can make tiny adjustments to your aim.
My own playing style is to roughly line up the shot, hold the button down, make whatever adjustments are needed, then play the shot. A simpler "beginner mode" with fixed zoom could be a good idea though, as well as variable cpu opponents of course.

But it was deliberately designed to require some skill to play well.
Most pool games are very "digital", where you set the aim (or the cpu sets it for you)... then set the power at 72% or whatever... then push the play button to start the programmed shot. I wanted Cueist to be more flowing like the real thing ;)
So there is a bit of a learning curve at first, but you get better with practice.

pjarvi, I tried it with and without cue ball dots but decided on dots just because it makes it obvious "why" the ball is curving or stopping etc. It could easily be an option to add though.

Last edited:
Reactions: matrix07
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.