Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

4JNA

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 8, 2006
looking for trash files
6.02 beta 2 just expired for all you X smp peoples on 2 August. if folding is no longer working... this might be why! good news is the upgrade, 6.20, for once installed right over the top, i didn't loose any work, and started right up and went on folding. sweet!

stop the client (control panel, folding, disable) and then download 6.20 from stanford, agree to everything, point it at the same disc as before. after it completes, back into control panel to start the client (control panel, folding, enable) and you should be up and running. i hope.

best of luck to all who fold here. or anywhere actually.

keepfolding.gif

4JNA

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 8, 2006
looking for trash files
So I'm using Increase..how exactly do i upgrade that? I've messed around with it some..but no luck on getting it to fold since 8/2...

i've been watching forums/lists for any idea or help for you. quick question on your setup first i guess, folding on the G5? which version of X?

6.20 has issues with 10.4.11, so dropping back to the Older 5.x client might be an option if you are stuck with Tiger.

several similar posts where people noted that the current version of Increase should be downloaded (2.4.1 or the 2.4.2 beta if you are brave) as the older versions called the expired client which of course won't work/fold so that may be it.

if all else fails, you might try removing increase and your current client, download and install 6.20, and see if that works. would at least help with the troubleshooting part and find out if it is X or Increase or both related.

best of luck.

ObsidianIce

macrumors 6502
Jun 1, 2004
Seventh Circle of Hell
i've been watching forums/lists for any idea or help for you. quick question on your setup first i guess, folding on the G5? which version of X?

6.20 has issues with 10.4.11, so dropping back to the Older 5.x client might be an option if you are stuck with Tiger.

several similar posts where people noted that the current version of Increase should be downloaded (2.4.1 or the 2.4.2 beta if you are brave) as the older versions called the expired client which of course won't work/fold so that may be it.

if all else fails, you might try removing increase and your current client, download and install 6.20, and see if that works. would at least help with the troubleshooting part and find out if it is X or Increase or both related.

best of luck.

oops, just saw this post. I fold on a g5 as well as a g4. Thanks much for the research and I shall actually try that in a couple of minutes. I did have the 2.4 but I'm going to see if the 2.4.2 will work for me.

Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.