Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rockoar

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 8, 2012
I'm having this particular issue (my cursor moving backwards randomly when I'm typing) since I bought my Mac (MPB13 mid 2012). It doesn't matter the application I'm using to write something down, it always randomly moves backward at some point. For instance, I'll be writing "if you're|" (where let's say | is the cursor showing me what's the last key input) it will jump directly backwards and it will be like this "if you'r|e" so whenever I keep typing everything I type will be between the r and the e in "if you're" instead of following the last word. Is very frustrating because I always have to relocate it so this doesn't happen and for me to keep writing normally.

Does anyone experience the same problem? I hope I managed to explain the issue correctly.

charlieegan3

macrumors 68020
Feb 16, 2012
U.K
The only thing i can think of is accidental trackpad input or dragon dictate set up weirdly. Do you have accidental trackpad input ignored in your settings? or have dragon dictate?

Rockoar

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 8, 2012
I don't have nor I use any kind of dictate function/application. When I Googled my problem I came across some people saying that it was due to an unwanted trackpad input but I can guarantee that's not the case in here as I tried several things when I first found out about this issue and none were related to the trackpad as I didn't touch it at all when typing.

raja777m

macrumors newbie
Oct 11, 2013
The only thing i can think of is accidental trackpad input or dragon dictate set up weirdly. Do you have accidental trackpad input ignored in your settings? or have dragon dictate?

I don't have the option to be turned off in Sierra OS, at least, I didn't find it.
'14MBP.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.