Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

walterpaisley

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 27, 2004
Springfield
Anyone using a magic keyboard with an iOS 16 device notice the cursor keeps jumping to the time in the top right-hand corner of the screen? I'm getting this fairly consistently. I filed a bug, but wanted to confirm that it's not something specific to my set up.

walterpaisley

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 27, 2004
Springfield
In case anyone else runs into this problem, the temporary workaround is to disable Pointer Animations (Settings > Accessibility > Pointer Control).

xxFoxtail

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2015
NY
The pointer animations were driving me crazy before so I already had them disabled. Using a mouse with the iPad is a lot more enjoyable with the animations off imo.

911jason

macrumors member
Apr 28, 2020
Simi Valley, California
I’m having a different problem with the cursor using my Magic Keyboard on a 2018 11” iPad Pro. While typing, the cursor will periodically jump back a few characters causing the text to become all jumbled as I continue to type, but now in the middle of the previous word. It doesn’t seem to happen all the time (like it didn’t happen while typing this post at all), but a few minutes ago it would happen about every 50-75 characters while typing an e-mail in the Gmail app.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.