Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kdtomczak

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 18, 2007
I would like to change the word "iPod" in the top left of the ipod touch display screen..but i cannot find it in the string file in a former post I found it in. Can anyone give me some help as to where it is?

kdtomczak

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 18, 2007
that didnt help. You're the one where i saw it first. But i didnt see it in that link. Can u just tell me where in the string list it is?

kdtomczak

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 18, 2007
now i can't get the png file to open up. i searched that and found ur reply that said sumthing about place it..rename it then replace it ...but i didn't understand that. any help?

Vigilante

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2007
Florida.
Just tell us what you want made, I'll make it by tomorrow if you want then host it as a .png with a transparent background. It just has to be ~72x20 or smaller.

It can be anything, not just text.

Arisian

macrumors 68000
Sep 14, 2007
China
now i can't get the png file to open up. i searched that and found ur reply that said sumthing about place it..rename it then replace it ...but i didn't understand that. any help?

yeah, you cant open that file without running a routine on it that unlocks it. I couldnt get it to work on mine (opening it that is). However, I read somewhere about the size of that picture, so I just created a .png file, with the same proportions, and a transparent background and loaded it to the same file where the old ones were (note: there are two CUSTOME_CARRIER and FF0 something-or-other... cant remember exactly). One .png is for the main bage when you are looking at your icons and the other is for when you are in an application.

Just name the files you created the same name as the ones in that file. I changed their names beause I wanted to make sure that if I messed it up, all i had to do was go back into that folder and delete the '-old' that I had appended to that file to get my original carrier text back.

I hope that helps,
Arisian

Vigilante

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2007
Florida.
Tada! Here's the one you want to save (the transparent background). The second one is just how it looks with a black background (don't save this, you want to use the transparent one for the carrier image).
tomnm9.png
67285232hn1.png

Name it "Default_CARRIER_IPOD.png" with the same capitalization and another one as "FSO_CARRIER_IPOD.png" with the same capitalization. Sorry it took so long, had stuff to do this morning. :p

Arisian

macrumors 68000
Sep 14, 2007
China
Tada! Here's the one you want to save (the transparent background). The second one is just how it looks with a black background (don't save this, you want to use the transparent one for the carrier image).
tomnm9.png
67285232hn1.png

Name it "Default_CARRIER_IPOD.png" with the same capitalization and another one as "FSO_CARRIER_IPOD.png" with the same capitalization. Sorry it took so long, had stuff to do this morning. :p

lol, way to teach him how to fish :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.