Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rydawg96

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 7, 2018
I just disocvered the ability to add custom domains to add custom domain names to my iCloud+ subscription by going to beta.icloud.com and when I tried to add it, it gives me this error message. I just recently registered my domain and with Hover, but it keeps giving me this message regardless of wether or not I use a registered domain name.
Screen Shot 2021-09-07 at 1.35.36 PM.png

zakarhino

Contributor
Sep 13, 2014
How recently did you register the domain vs. trying to add it to iCloud? Maybe you just have to wait a little while (1 or two hours?) for everything to settle with your domain provider (DNS server propagation, etc.)

Rydawg96

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 7, 2018
How recently did you register the domain vs. trying to add it to iCloud? Maybe you just have to wait a little while (1 or two hours?) for everything to settle with your domain provider (DNS server propagation, etc.)
Doubt that’s the issue, cause that info is added later.

prisonernumber6

macrumors newbie
Aug 26, 2021
There are others with this issue "There was a problem with adding this domain. Please try again later." I'm one of them ! Hopefully just a beta bug. Someone said that there's an error on the developer console when this message appears - something along the lines of Apple ID not authorised to add customer domain. I added the first one OK about 10 days ago. Got too many hops error. This disappeared on it's own (Apple fix?) but now can't add another domain

Max E Verde

macrumors regular
Jan 12, 2005
New Jersey
I was able to add my domain, but I am unable to add any email addresses to it. I am getting the error "There was a problem adding this email address. Try again later."

Reactions: gadgetfreak98

DrSecretan

macrumors newbie
Dec 14, 2020
Does your domain contain the word "jack" by any chance? Some people seem to be having trouble using the word "jack" in their custom domains, either before or after the @ sign.

jg321

macrumors 6502
Aug 29, 2012
UK
I was able to add my domain, but I am unable to add any email addresses to it. I am getting the error "There was a problem adding this email address. Try again later."

I get this error message when I try to add an alias that used to be an Apple ID (which has been closed for at least a year). For some of my secondary domains that have been Apple IDs in the past, this is a bit of a show-stopper, so I'm hoping they fix it.

Note: this doesn't appear to affect your actual Apple ID address - as in, you can add the alias for this. It's just *former* Apple ID addresses which don't appear to be usable as aliases.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.