Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AshGSmith

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 23, 2011
Burntwood, UK.
hey guys, this is my first post on the forum but have using the site as a non-member for a while and have been following on twitter for quite a while too!

Anyway, lets get down to it. I've got a 3GS jailbroken on untethered redsnow iOS 4.3.1, but my power button is on the brink of failing. I seem to remember some type of custom firmware which allowed you to lock your screen without the use of the power button, but I can't find it :(

If anyone could shed some light on this I'd really appreciate it! The power button isn't completely broke just yet, but I just want to stop using it before it breaks completely!

Thanks in advance :)

Last edited:

hockeyhammer

macrumors regular
Mar 3, 2009
Canada
On Cydia download an extension called activator. Using activator you can program different gestures, buttons or button combinations to do all kinds of different things, including lock/unlock your device. There are also a lot of other cool things you can do with if you just explore and mess around.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.