Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
So, fellow beta-users,

I've setup most all the basic ones like work, gaming, fitness, reading, etc, but was hoping for some more creative people who've already thought of really cool custom Focus-sets.

Please do share them!

jamesarm97

macrumors 65816
Sep 29, 2006
I saw where you can specify / select a home screen per focus (say one for work, one for drawing one for music), but what would be nice is to be able to have multiple app shortcuts, so I could have a home screen that may contain Pages which would also be on the Work screen. From what I am gathering, you can move app icons around to specific screens then only show a particular screen while if focus so if you want to have one app available in two different focus home pages that would be impossible?

TimFL1

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2017
Germany
I saw where you can specify / select a home screen per focus (say one for work, one for drawing one for music), but what would be nice is to be able to have multiple app shortcuts, so I could have a home screen that may contain Pages which would also be on the Work screen. From what I am gathering, you can move app icons around to specific screens then only show a particular screen while if focus so if you want to have one app available in two different focus home pages that would be impossible?
That limitation is gone in iOS 15. You can place the same app infinitely often (literally a page with just folders full of the same app). Seems to be intended so you can have the same app on different Focus home screens. Could very well be a bug too or being limited later on (e.g. each app only once per page, so you can‘t fill a page with duplicates).

Reactions: gwhizkids

zakarhino

Contributor
Sep 13, 2014
I modified the "sleeping" focus to allow notifications from my security system.

adrianlondon

macrumors 603
Nov 28, 2013
Switzerland

gaanee

macrumors 65816
Dec 8, 2011
So in iOS 15, you can have multiple icons for the same app? I read that you can drag icons form the Spotlight search and place it on the Home screen, this will make it easier to quickly rearrange the Home screen and I thought when you place a second instance of the app icon on a different Home screen then it will automatically remove it form where it was before, that would neat for rearranging the Home screen otherwise you will end up with cluttered Home screens with the same icons multiple times.
It could also be useful in some cases but will only know when I try it myself
That limitation is gone in iOS 15. You can place the same app infinitely often (literally a page with just folders full of the same app). Seems to be intended so you can have the same app on different Focus home screens. Could very well be a bug too or being limited later on (e.g. each app only once per page, so you can‘t fill a page with duplicates).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.