Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NYJohn

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 15, 2023
Hi all! Is it possible to import a custom audio greeting into my iPhone 15 Pro? I have a friend that does voiceover work, and she recorded a custom greeting for me to use for my business iPhone 15 Pro. Is there any way to import into iPhone and use it for incoming calls?

NYJohn

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 15, 2023
Thanks for the reply. Since that isn't an option, is there a way to use an external mic plugged into the iPhone to record voicemail greeting? The mic on the iphone sounds terrible when recording a custom greeting.

Kottu

macrumors 6502a
Sep 21, 2014
If you are planning to use the greetings for your voicemail, ask your operator if they support adding voice files. To add voice greetings for my private phone, I had to play it in my Mac and record directly with iPhone, a good mic should give better quality. Make sure that the mic is compatible to make phone calls too, not just for voice recording.

NYJohn

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 15, 2023
Thanks for the reply. Since that isn't an option, is there a way to use an external mic plugged into the iPhone to record voicemail greeting? The mic on the iphone sounds terrible when recording a custom greeting.
Thanks for the reply. I have a usb-c Rode mic i plugged in, and it records great in voice memo, but when i try to use it in phone app, it doesn't give a selection for mic and just defaults to the terrible iPhone mic.

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
Thanks for the reply. I have a usb-c Rode mic i plugged in, and it records great in voice memo, but when i try to use it in phone app, it doesn't give a selection for mic and just defaults to the terrible iPhone mic.
Since you're forced to use the iPhone's mic the only way to even attempt improving the result is to change or alter the source…a different speaker and/or change the volume or EQ of the source. Tweak until acceptable.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.