Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

electrokillz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 4, 2014
Hi guys, new to the forum, just picked up my macbook air 13" and I love it. I changed all of the icons in the dock to round icons to look more clean. I just downloaded a game boy emulator and I'm trying to change the dock icon but it's not letting me paste for some reason. Maybe one of you know what i'm doing wrong.

First of all you guys can see why I'm so annoyed with that game boy throwing off the round pattern. A little OCD right? Lol

22ferp.png

Anyway I found another gameboy icon and messed around in photoshop and came up with this.

zk2ww2.png

I already tried copying and pasting the icon in the "get info" window. I changed it into a .icns image and renamed it to the same name as the old icon and tried dragging it into the same folder as the old one (doesn't allow itself to be dragged in there.) I went and unchecked each lock in that folder and still nothing.

I'm not familiar with Mavericks or any Apple products for that matter so i'll just post a screen shot of it and hopefully somebody knows how to fix this.

2lwavdj.png

The top left finder window shows the folder in "devices" and the bottom right finder window shows the icon sitting in the "resources" folder after clicking on "show containing folder" for the KiGB emulator.

Anyway thanks for reading!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.