Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macdsgner

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 11, 2018
Hi guys,

Just got my iPhone 15 Pro Max a few days ago and I'm very excited to customize how it looks. I will design everything using Illustrator.

1. The 15 Pro Max has a 1290 x 2796 resolution, what dpi and file format is best to use?

2. I want to change the icons on the home screen, I have already designed some of them. Tips on dimensions and resolution? Can we use a transparent PNG so I can create unique shapes like triangles or circles?

3. For those who have been using 30-50 custom icons, does it affect performance or battery life? Is using shortcuts the best method for customizing icons?

4. As for widgets I want a widget where you can change the background color, let's say a simple date widget and I can change the background, is there something available?

5. What happens if an app or IOS gets updated, are the icons reverted back to the default icons?

Thanks!

now i see it

macrumors G4
Jan 2, 2002
I wish custom icons could be as easy to use as they are on the Mac (since almost all iOS app icons are horrible). But in order to use them on an iPhone, you’ve got to run through a shortcut every time you launch it. It really slows down the works.

macdsgner

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 11, 2018
I wish custom icons could be as easy to use as they are on the Mac (since almost all iOS app icons are horrible). But in order to use them on an iPhone, you’ve got to run through a shortcut every time you launch it. It really slows down the works.
But does it slow the system? Since everything is a shortcut?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.