Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

neo_cs193p

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 17, 2016
I would like to buy a custom MBA (M2 8 GPU, 16 GB, 1 TB) during a short visit to the US this September. I don't have time to wait for Apple to deliver it, and I don't know my address in advance, so I'm looking at other retailers & overnight shipping from whatever stock they have then.
Which US stores usually carry custom MBA configs? I only know about B&H. Thanks!

G5isAlive

Contributor
Aug 28, 2003
It used to be Apple Stores would carry both standard options and one high end (custom) option, but I haven't seen that in a long time. These days it just seems to be standard baseline options. But you can find out more by using the select store while buying option. If they have it in stock, it will tell you that you can pick it up.

Edit: but in any event, even baseline options are not staying in stock long. I would not count on being able to walk into an Apple Store and finding what you want.

neo_cs193p

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 17, 2016
Thanks, but I'm kinda ignoring Apple stores for the purpose of this conversation, because I want to have a few options. What I would like to know is what other retailers besides B&H carry custom MB configs. I have found only base and standard configs on Amazon and BestBuy.

G5isAlive

Contributor
Aug 28, 2003
Thanks, but I'm kinda ignoring Apple stores for the purpose of this conversation, because I want to have a few options. What I would like to know is what other retailers besides B&H carry custom MB configs. I have found only base and standard configs on Amazon and BestBuy.

Oh, sorry. I think the days of Best Buy carrying advanced models is over. Their stores seem to be reducing inventory all over the place. You might want to try MicroCenter.

BanditoB

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2009
Chicago, IL
The Apple stores are carrying the 10-core GPU system with 16 GB RAM and 1 TB storage.

You can also keep an eye on Adorama.com. There's another company that's been mentioned here on MacRumors as well that usually offers early discounts called Expercom.

I have personally dealt with B&H and Adorama and can recommend both. I've not dealt with Expercom.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.