Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jnerd

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 24, 2005
I am trying to create a custom palette using IBPalette. I create the palette fine and am able to add it to my Palettes within Interface builder. When I try to add it to a simple project with one plain window, it adds fine. It compiles too, but when I run I get an error saying cannot decode object. I have found a couple posts via google on this error, but no clear answers. Most try to indicate some #import or framework reference is missing, but I have tried a number of different versions of #import statements to no avail. Finally I tried to just use a sample ProgessView palette that shipped as an Interface Builder example and got the same error. I just dropped this palette on my plain window by itself and ran the program to get the error.

Anyone know how to resolve this error? I have included the error message below based on the error I received using the Apple sample palette. If it is just a simple matter of an #import statement, I am having trouble determining the required path.

Any assistance is appreciated greatly.

2005-09-24 10:20:30.487 TestPalette[264] An uncaught exception was raised
2005-09-24 10:20:30.491 TestPalette[264] *** -[NSKeyedUnarchiver decodeObjectForKey:]: cannot decode object of class (ProgressView)
2005-09-24 10:20:30.491 TestPalette[264] *** Uncaught exception: <NSInvalidUnarchiveOperationException> *** -[NSKeyedUnarchiver decodeObjectForKey:]: cannot decode object of class (ProgressView)

TestPalette has exited due to signal 5 (SIGTRAP).

jnerd

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 24, 2005
Resolved

A user on another site indicated I should build a framework that contains my custom palette header files and add it to my project. For future reference, this worked!

jnerd said:
I am trying to create a custom palette using IBPalette. I create the palette fine and am able to add it to my Palettes within Interface builder. When I try to add it to a simple project with one plain window, it adds fine. It compiles too, but when I run I get an error saying cannot decode object. I have found a couple posts via google on this error, but no clear answers. Most try to indicate some #import or framework reference is missing, but I have tried a number of different versions of #import statements to no avail. Finally I tried to just use a sample ProgessView palette that shipped as an Interface Builder example and got the same error. I just dropped this palette on my plain window by itself and ran the program to get the error.

Anyone know how to resolve this error? I have included the error message below based on the error I received using the Apple sample palette. If it is just a simple matter of an #import statement, I am having trouble determining the required path.

Any assistance is appreciated greatly.

2005-09-24 10:20:30.487 TestPalette[264] An uncaught exception was raised
2005-09-24 10:20:30.491 TestPalette[264] *** -[NSKeyedUnarchiver decodeObjectForKey:]: cannot decode object of class (ProgressView)
2005-09-24 10:20:30.491 TestPalette[264] *** Uncaught exception: <NSInvalidUnarchiveOperationException> *** -[NSKeyedUnarchiver decodeObjectForKey:]: cannot decode object of class (ProgressView)

TestPalette has exited due to signal 5 (SIGTRAP).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.