Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tkowalski

macrumors member
Original poster
May 29, 2011
I used Ringtone Garage to make custom ringtones. I am running High Sierra 10.13.6. I replaced my iPhone 11 max pro w a new one. I know Apple change iTunes format to music. I have ringtones on my desktop, but I’m having trouble transferring them my iphone in tones. What am I not doing? Thanks in advance for your help.

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
The last version of iTunes supporting meaningful tones management is iTunes 12.6.5.3 which I doubt the built in package supports iPhone 11 max. You can try to install later version of support package and see if iTunes recognise your iPhone. It’s just an extraction from iTunes installer.

If you are not comfortable with all of those hassle, you can get third party software like iMazing and transfer tones that way. iMazing can also backup your installed apps locally, something even iTunes backup cannot do.

Reactions: donawalt

donawalt

Contributor
Sep 10, 2015
I use iMazing to drag custom ringtones to my iPhone - it's free and works great, very simple to do.

Reactions: MSastre

drsox

macrumors 68000
Apr 29, 2011
Xhystos
I share this opinion. Just used it to make a custom ringtone after all other ways failed (REM - It's the end of the world etc !)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.