Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Simonrb

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 22, 2015
Hi,

Just had a little play about and made this.. Keeps the watch out of the way at night.

What do you guys think?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 226

akonikui

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2007
Neat.
I can see someone marketing something like that, maybe with wood or aluminum trim along the edges and suede lining where the watch lays. How is it connected to the wall?

Simonrb

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 22, 2015
Neat.
I can see someone marketing something like that, maybe with wood or aluminum trim along the edges and suede lining where the watch lays. How is it connected to the wall?

I used a piece of metal I found in the garage, bent it into a bracket and screwed it to the wall. This was just a proof of concept to see if it works well and so far seems ok. I'll let you know if it's still attached in the morning lol. Didn't cost me anything - made from bits and pieces lying around the garage collecting dust...

clint-bell

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2015
I like the design, very simple concept. If there was a better way to attach it to a flat wall or desk other than screwing it in I think it would definitely be produced by a third party manufacturer, although there are quite a lot of third party stands already available.

Simonrb

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 22, 2015
Thanks

It could be attached to a piece of wood and used as a conventional stand lol. It's only one tiny screw at the back of the wardrobe so not so bad..

This was only meant to be a beta version but since it's working and looks ok I think I'll leave it lol

Cowlinn

macrumors newbie
Apr 24, 2015
Nice, I'd like to see that "in-situ"

Can you take a photograph showing some of the room, and where it is too?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.