Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Yuck Mouth

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 17, 2007
Before anyone says it yes I did a search and can't find a answer to my problem.

I've tried adding my own theme and icons to my Touch but they won't work. The theme shows up on the theme list on the Touch but when I apply it my Touch just goes back to the default icons and theme. When I look in the theme list mine is checked off.

Other themes that I downloaded onto the touch after summerboard was installed work. Themes that I've downloaded off the internet and uploaded via FTP work.

I had this problem with summerboard 2.11. So yesterday I finally got around to restoring my Touch and starting from scratch jailbroke it, added iphone apps,installed summerboard 3 and the same thing again.So what am I missing? I changed all the values to 755.

Thanks in advance.

Vigilante

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2007
Florida.
Your best bet is to probably SSH into your iPod and place your files directly in place of a working theme, making sure they all have identical names.

sn00pee

macrumors newbie
Oct 30, 2007
are you the images png? are they the correct size? I dont think they will display if they arent the correct size.

I also have trouble with icons, only some of them seem to change. some just remain the same. is there a fix for this?
foo0sk9.png

Yuck Mouth

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 17, 2007
Thanks for relying guys. I had a feeling once I posted my problem that I would figure it out on my own.

It something I thought I'd post for others to look out for.

I knew I was doing everything right but my themes and icons wouldn't work. So I went into my Touches theme file and compare my theme file to the others and I saw one small difference. My icon file had a lower case "i" instead of a capital "I" like the other files.

I had a copy of my theme files on my desktop and looked at the icon file and it had a capital "I". So I uploaded it to my Touch to see what happens and the "I" in the icon file turned lowercase on the Touch. So I renamed it with a capital "I" and now my theme works! AMEN AND HALLELUJAH!

I can't believe this has been working my nerves for over a week.

By the way I use CuteFTP.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.