Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Yebubbleman

macrumors 603
Original poster
May 20, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
Apologies to the Mods as I cannot find a proper section on AppleCare+ in these forums.

I'm currently dealing with one of the worst and most involved Apple Support cases (involving an iPad mini) I've had in all of my 22 years of dealing with Apple on any kind of a personal or professional level. At this point, I need to invoke Apple's Customer Relations Team. In the past, this seemed to be a relatively easy thing to do; the Level 2 person could easily escalate it to that department and that'd be that. Now, this seems to be something they cannot do. Does anyone know of a direct line or a way in which one can get there? It would seem inherently against the point of a customer relations team to not be reachable by the customer.

VaruLV

macrumors 6502a
Mar 25, 2019
Good luck with that! Someone I know accidentally bought Canadian iTunes e-gift card while being in EU, tried to reach Apple, only way to do that was generic phone line, which wasnt working on those hours when we could call them, no any other way to get in touch with them so money thrown away.
If we had issues with such minor problem, good luck and patience of buddhist monk to you on your quest!
Big tech loves to be unreachable and anonymous these days.

TechRunner

macrumors 65816
Oct 28, 2016
SW Florida, US
Customer relations for many companies now is like making your way through a set of nesting dolls. It takes time to get to that one person you need to speak to. Some have gotten results emailing Tim Cook directly. Good luck! I hope you can get a quick and satisfactory resolution.

Hello...

macrumors 6502a
Oct 10, 2011
I only needed help one time for something it was the very first MacBook Air that was overheating, I ended up writing to Steve Jobs and he actually called me back now that was customer service lol.

spiderman0616

Suspended
Aug 1, 2010
I've had two different things work for me MORE THAN ONCE, and one of them was even just a year or two ago.

1. Never underestimate the power of the Apple surveys that hit your inbox after every call with an agent. Give them terrible scores, be polite, give good reasons for the scores, and just basically plead your case. Somebody will usually call you pretty quickly because they take those scores very seriously. I've done this a couple times over the years. Worked both times.

2. Write to Tim Cook. I've written direct emails right to him 3 different times. One time he responded personally, one time Joz responded personally, and one time one of their exec support people from Texas called. Apple execs read their emails and take them seriously.

I know you may not believe me, but try it. You will get a response.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.